Retrospective

FIQWIS 10105 with Mr Fetherolf has taught me a lot, from the significance of turning your camera on to the technicality of writing and how it relates to literature. Before I came to this class, I was almost just like a regular “standardized writer”. I was just someone who has written in a way that follows regents and common core writing styles. It was like wrote when I was told to because my free write wasn’t “worthy” in a sense. Writing has always been presented to me as something technical. But in FIQWIS 10105, I’ve discovered that writing although technical, is also very vibrant and enjoyable. An example of this was with the Diagnostic Essay, which I was able to express my life in New York, as well as compare it and contrast from Joan Didion’s and Megan Stacey’s experience. This is one of the essays that were very significant to me because it allowed me to express something important to me, with minimal writing boundaries, and that’s something I’m very comfortable with. Ever since this class, although we met twice a week, I’ve become a more avid reader. I pay more close attention to certain paragraphs and try to elaborate more on what I’m reading. My way of thinking has also become diverse in a sense because I can understand perspectives that are different from my own, and expand on it. Additionally, the persuasive Essay has strengthened my writing, and in writing this essay, I was able to clearly see my flaws and pros when writing. In conclusion, throughout this class, I have better understood why reading, writing, and thinking go hand in hand, as they are all very important components in life. These three components are essential to one’s character and a few of many significant things when it comes to education.